Thursday, April 1, 2010

Maybe Tomorrow... Maybe Someday...

I own exactly one El Record. It comes from Momus, it's called Circus Maximus, I paid about seven dollars for it at Amoeba and I cherish it with all of my heart. Every time that I go to any record store I search for any and all El Records in hopes that such luck will befall me again. One of these days...

For now, here's one of the coolest songs ever from a band who was loosely tied to the El Label through sister label Cherry Red. It opens Too Good to be True: The Very Best of El Records a CD retrospective that was incidentally released by Cherry Red.



P.S. Hungry Beat! is a week from Saturday, maybe, just maybe a Bad Dream Fancy Dress record, or at the very least a nifty El Comp will have just fallen into my lab sometime before then...

No comments:

Post a Comment